RAS stands for Rajasthan Administrative Services.The recruitments to RAS is made through a competitive exam organized by RPSC (Rajasthan public service commission) which holds a reputation of being one of the best recruitments processes of state government of india. RAS exam is conducted in every one or two year by RPSC .The recruited officers are placed in respected jobs like administrative services, police services and revenue services.
The candidate must hold a degree of any of the universities incorporated by the central or state legislature in india
Minimum 21 years and Maximum 35 years
1. RAS Preliminary examination:- The preliminary RAS exam paper is of objective type, the time duration of 3 hours and carry a maximum of 200 marks. The standard of the paper is that of the bachelor's degree level. Aspirants just need to pass the exam to appear in the next stage. Most importantly, marks obtained in pre are not counted in the final selection and ranking.
2. RAS Mains Exam:- The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive and analytical. The candidate must take all the papers which include question paper of medium, long answer, and descriptive type questions. The time duration for each paper is 3 hours and the standard of the paper is that of Sr.secondary level.
3. Personality test cum interview:- Candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written test of mains examination is fixed for a personality test which carries 100 marks. The candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, physique shall be awarded for the candidate's knowledge of Rajasthan culture. However, for the selection to the Rajasthan police service, candidate having ‘C’ certificate of N.C.C shall be given preference.A final result will be declared after conducting interviews
Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the Civil Services Examination and one of the toughest competitive exams in India. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree from any recognized university. The Candidate with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government or its equivalent are also eligible to apply.
A candidate should be a minimum of 21 years and maximum of 32 years old.
Candidate must be a citizen of India
1. Candidate must be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
2. Candidate must be a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to be settled permanently in India
3. Candidate must be a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire, or Zambia to permanently settle in India.
Only six attempts are allowed for a candidate to clear IAS Exam.
1. IAS Exam Prelims:- The questions in the IAS Exam (Prelims) of the objective type or Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).There is ‘Negative Marking’ in the IAS Exam for each incorrect answer but only in the Prelims stage. Most importantly, marks obtained in pre are not counted in the final selection and ranking.
2. IAS Exam Mains:- The second stage of the IAS Exam is called the Mains Exam, which is a written descriptive examination and comprises 9 papers. The 9 papers in IAS Exam (Mains) are as follows: Paper-A (Compulsory Indian Language); Paper –B (English) which are qualifying in nature, while the other papers like Essay, General Studies Papers I, II, III, and IV, and Optional Papers I and II are considered for the final ranking.
3. Personality Test Cum Interview:- Candidates who clear the Mains with the required cut-off marks qualify for the final stage of the IAS exam i.e., the Personality Test or Interview round with the UPSC Board Members. The candidates who qualify to the final stage will be sent an e-summon by the Commission for a face-to-face discussion round with the board members. In this round, the board assesses the personality traits of the candidates and questions will be asked on their hobbies, current affairs, general knowledge, situation questions, etc. to evaluate if they are fit for a career in the civil services or not. The UPSC personality test will be held only in the UPSC Bhavan in New Delhi.